Monday, July 07, 2014

Mashaa Monday

It's Mashaa Monday again already?!
This week's gone by so quickly because I've been working hard on a project featuring the fabrics I showed you last Monday. 
My first two Arrowhead blocks.
(Mashaa Mondays are where I mash all the little bits and pieces too small to warrant their own posts into one post. You can find out more about the name here.)




  • The new quilt will have its own post when it's finished, so I'll only show you a sneak peek at its progress. Here it is on the basting table (which is actually my son's desk. :P).



  • On the weekend, I put a deposit down on my new sewing machine. I'm so excited, I can't wait to quilt on it!
    I love my little Brother but the poor thing needs a rest from large quilts. I'm having so much trouble wrestling with quilts on it at the moment, and it's been pretty disheartening. Especially when the bulk of the quilt I'm trying to push through the small harp-space becomes so much that it moves the jog-dial and changes stitches on me mid-quilting. Yeah, not fun.
    The other reason I was at the sewing shop was to buy some of the fabric for the "Black, Blue, Shark" project I'll be working on next.



  • And because it's almost my birthday and I like to buy myself presents around this time, I also couldn't resist buying some other fabric that caught my eye on the clearance shelf:



  • And finally, sometimes I cook stuff. This week I cooked pretzels as a housewarming gift for my brother- and sister-in-law. They were pretty tasty, if I do say so myself! :D


That's it for Mashaa Monday this week, I'm hoping to finish the quilt with the Arrowheads very soon, so hopefully I'll have a post up about it before next Monday.

-Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Err, no I don't. They scare me because eek, people!
But I need to step out of my comfort zone, so comment away and hopefully I won't find them so scary after all. :D